I didn't get my nap today, I am tired, so this will be short. I am cranky when I'm tired.
Last night and this morning I made more textures. I was going for a Art Noveau look with the two in the center.
Click on the photos for a closer look.
I made a MG stack to try the first design... It's a bit messy, I haven't sanded it yet.
I used this one to imprint the clay then painted the sections with PearlEx. I will seal it with liquid Kato tomorrow. I'm not crazy about the color of the background clay. I will try again with black.
This one is painted with PearlEx too... These are just experiments. The hardest part is getting an even impression. I think I may have come up with a technique that works... I lay the texture sheet on the table, cover it with a sheet of raw clay, push down with my thumb to make sure the clay is in all the crevices then I place an acrylic sheet over the raw clay, pick up the "sandwich" and squeeze as hard as I can. I got so frustrated I considered putting it on the floor and stepping on it but decided that might be going to far... Hmm it just occurred to me, I wonder if the vise I use with my extruder would work.... worth a try... . I'll try it tomorrow and let me know.
I finally got around to shaving the stamped flower from Day 1. It's fairly big but I think it will make a fun pendant once I get it sanded.
That's it for today.... I'm going to bed.
Thanks for stopping by.