Friday, February 15, 2013

Day 15 Thing a Day Layered & Air Filled Beads

Today I made layered and air filled beads.  

I used my Sakura Microperm Pen to draw simple zentangle designs on these. The larger one is in layers... the smaller bead is air filled.

 I learned the "air filled bead" technique from Page's Creations on Flickr, I blogged about it some time ago with her permission.... she has lots of fun stuff and useful information on her Flickr page.... when you have a minute check her out.

Click on the photos for a closer look.




I will have to practice, practice, practice to get good at this,  The pen was slipping and sliding all over the place but I like the look so I will do it again.  There is a smudge from from my thumb on the air filled bead... I will sand that off.... just hope I don't sand off the design as well.



I like the warm colors of this one.  It looks like a layered bead but it's really a textured bead. I made a round bead and them impressed it will different tools to get the layered look.



Another layered bead and a couple matching air filled beads.  This time squares.... I will probably draw on these... but will wait until I'm more rested and my hand is steady.


More air filled beads with a textured surface. They need something, probably wire and a bead or two.  The one in the center isn't air filled... just a bead from scraps.


It's been a long day.  My grandson and I spent several hours digging around in the attic.... he is going to help me clean it out so we can put in insulation.  He is a handy guy to have around.

Okay going to bed soon.... See you tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment