Saturday, February 16, 2013

Day 16 Thing A Day Misc Scrap Beads & Tools

This is going to be quick... I'm hungry.... I hear a mushroom and swiss cheese panini calling me... gotta hurry.... 


I was mixing scrap clay to make bead guts.... finally came up with a muddy brown and a muddy gray but before I got out my canes to make beads I wondered .... could I made something pretty from this ugly clay?.... lets give it a try. I layered the two muddy colors, made subtle strips added strips of red, played with it for awhile and came up with these. Not bad.

Click on the photos for a closer look. 


Close up of the first one. 



I also embedded clock gears,  a small star bead and a wire coil in clay to make Mokume Gane  tools.


That's it... not to exciting... my stomach says "time to eat"

Bye kids.... see you tomorrow. 

Thanks for stopping by. 


1 comment: