Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 13 Thing A Day Sectional Necklace

I had fun making this one.... it  evolved...


First I made the mirror image in the center, added the stripes on the sides and put the blue stripes at the  top and bottom, it was one long piece but was blah.... so I cut it into 3 pieces.  I added the red trim, the ivory strip across the top, then the wire and beads on the top section.... still not what I wanted. ...


I set the top aside and worked on the bottom.  I connected the two pieces together , added the dangles on the sides...


I liked the two sections at the bottom ... thought a coiled wire bail would look good until I placed the top piece above and  liked the way they all looked together.


The swirl bead at the top solved how to add a bail...  I strung it on an 18" ball chain... here's how it looks on the display... It is long.. almost 6" and 2" wide. I am pleased with the way it looks on.. this may be a keeper.


The swirl bead is reversible... it can be worn either way.


Okay, all done, that's it for today....

Thanks for stopping by

No comments:

Post a Comment