Wednesday, September 9, 2009

First Day of Blogging


I decided to start this blog so I could keep tract of my polymer clay progress.

I am sooo bad about making something, thinking I will remember how I made it and then a few months later (or a day or two later) I take a look... and not a clue, I tell you not a clue. For example I have a mystery cane that I would like to duplicate and I can't for the life of me figure out how I made it...

So now I'm learning to add beading to my poly clay pieces. So far I've beaded several polymer clay cabochons and looking back at my photos on Flickr I can see I'm improving.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/auntgriz/

A week or so ago I made a drum bead (see photo) with a seed bead peyote band in the center.


I like the look so last night a made 3 more peyote bands and today I'm expermenting. I'll add photos later

3 comments:

  1. I love this new bead style, BJ - really distinctive. Cool blog!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melissa. I'm going to try making wider bands next time.

    Glad you like the blog. I still have some tweaking to do but it's a start. I'm hoping I will eventually figure out how to do tutorials.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Betty Jo - I'm really glad you started your blog. I happened upon your work on Flickr and ended up tracing it back to your blog - I've now spent the past couple of hours catching up on old posts! You have a lot of really great information in your posts, and it's been really inspiring reading. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete