Friday, September 18, 2009

Alpine Suppe

It doesn't take much to make me happy, we have a new little restaurant in town, and I am tickled pink. You big city people may find this a little strange but I bet all the small town folks know what I'm talking about..... a new business in town is always exciting.

Our eating out choices have been sorely limited. We have a McD's, a Hardees, a KFC (which is combined with Taco Bell), a Farmer's Resturant, Buzzies (which is suppose to be as 50's style cafe), a poor excuse for a Mexican restaurant and several Pizza places. Now this little cafe "Alpine Suppe".

It does have a few draw backs, to begin with it's only open for lunch, 11 to 2, monday through friday. It's probably handy for working people but I usually don't eat lunch. I have a late breakfast, around 9:30 or 10 and then dinner around 7:00 or 8:00. As a result I've had to adjust my schedule to an 11 o'clock brunch. No big deal, I just have to listen to my stomach growl for an hour. Wouldn't it be cool if some entrepreneur opened a cafe from 11 to 2 at night for all us midnight snackers.

Okay so they only have 7 items on the menu, 2 soups, 2 salads, 2 sandwiches and a Quiche du jour with fresh fruit. Now I think that's a clever idea. They change the menu every week and post the menus on the internet. (Check it out Alpine Suppe ) Everything is homemade and so far everything I've had has been very tasty except for the goulash soup. Plus I am a big big fan of Quiche... having a different one each week gives me something to look forward too. I know what you're thinking.... poor old lady doesn't have anything to look forward to but Quiche. Sad but true. Today I'm have Creamy asparagus and crab Quiche (2nd time this week) it is sooooo good.

I'm looking forward to the Denver Quiche that's on the menu for next week.




No comments:

Post a Comment