Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Autumn Flower Necklace ..& Quiche report.

Autumn is my favorite time of year I like everything about it. The colors are glorious, the weather is cool and crisp and the holidays are the best. I have such happy memories of Halloween. When I was a kid you didn't get store bought candy our bags were filled with candy apples (both carmel and red hot), popcorn balls, home made cookies (occasionally plain apples...boooo!) and all kinds of homemade candies. Moms and grandmas put a lot of effort into making special treats. Makes my mouth water just thinking of it. My grandma made the best oatmeal cookies, she used a secret ingredient that made them delicious, everyone said so.

So I made this necklace in October colors. The flower beads & pendant have a matte finish. The necklace is strung on a black rubber cord. I used coiled wire beads and black 'O" rings between the flower beads. The pendant has a coiled wire bail.
As you can see I did get my Quiche yesterday... couldn't wait, I took a bite before I snapped the photo... tried to hide it with the grapes. I also had the tomato, bacon and spinach salad. I didn't care for the oregano dressing, fortunately they serve the dressing on the side so I used my homemade ranch dressing. They put red onions on the salad... which I removed, don't like onions on salad, and it had grape tomatoes which I'm not crazy about but I ate them anyway. Oh, almost forgot, they serve little individual loafs of homemade bread, wheat or white, with the soups and salads, the bread is excellent. Tomorrow or friday I am going to try the roast beef sandwich and potato soup, I've had the soup before, it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment