Thursday, February 23, 2012

2012 "Thing A Day" Day 23 Practice Bangle Bracelet

Today was a good day. I got my ATC's , it was so much fun opening the box and seeing all the ATC's that fellow clayers made. You will have to wait until tomorrow to see the photos.

Thursdays has become lunch day with my daughters and little great granddaughter Lily. Today we went to a favorite restaurant, Cleveland Heath,  in Edwardsville.  The name is a little strange but the food is excellent.  After lunch we went to this really cool little gift shop, Beyond Timbuktu.  It was my first time there and I enjoyed looking at all the goodies.  They had some Oxacan Woodcarvings Critters that I couldn't resist.  I bought four but I wanted all of them.

According to the literature  they are hand carved by native woodcarvers in southern Mexico.  The carvings are done at home using machetes and kitchen knives. The figures are sanded and then painted with color fast house paints. The whole family helps in the sanding and painting.

Here are the four I purchased.  Sorry about the yellow cast to the photo, I was to pooped to haul everything down stairs to the light box.

I'm thinking this style of critter would be perfect for polymer clay.... don't you?


I didn't get much done in the clay department.

I condition several sheets of clay....


and I made one practice bangle.  I don't want to use any of my border canes until I know what I'm doing.



I didn't reinforce it with anything so I hope it doesn't break.  I think I'll try a core of wire next time. And I want to make the next one wider.


It's been a long day.... time for  milk and cookies and then off to bed.  See you tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.




No comments:

Post a Comment