Saturday, February 11, 2012

2012 Thing a Day Day 11 Ribbon Wire

I love finding new things to use with polymer clay. I was leafing though my lastest Fire Mountain Gems catalog looking for beads when I discovered this pretty flat aluminum wire.... they call it flat wire, it looks like ribbon to me so I call it ribbon wire.  Thank goodness is comes in only 10 colors, I always have to have one of each.

Check out these yummy colors.

Click on the photos for a closer look.




First I made a pendant using one of the hearts I made with a border cane and the blue ribbon wire. After I wrapped the ribbon I used dark blue 28 gauge wire to attach dyed cultured pearls and then hung the pendant on a black ball chain.


The back is a little messy... I'm not happy about that, I'll have to experiment with a better way  to finish the backs.


I used purple ribbon wire and a mirror image bead to make the 2nd pendant. I used a  pinback with a bail on this one so it can either be worn as a brooch or a pendant.  It is also embellished with dyed cultured pearls. And it comes with a lavender ball chain.


Without the chain.



I'm working with red ribbon wire and a Julie P pendant for tomorrows entry.  So far it's looking pretty good.

That's it for today.  See you tomorrow .

Thanks for stopping by.

3 comments:

  1. I was REALLY good about not flipping thru the catalog I got with my books I got from them (luv those closeouts)..but nooooooo...now I have to go find the flat wire! Luv your TAD stuff - and thx for popping over by my blog and flickr and for the compliments (on a diff TAD post I did) - :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Un gran blog. Te sigo. Besos desde Barcelona (España)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that article is very nice..your necklace pendant is awesome...i like that...

    ReplyDelete