I am on a roll.... blogged 2 days in a row!! Of course it helped that I already had the photos taken, that is usually what slows me down.
I guess this first one would qualify as a "bib style" necklace. The pendant is wide, almost 5" . I was playing around with some of my texture samples. I used Jacquard Ribbon to texture the background strip then decorated it with one of oval texture tiles that I made with a plastic mesh bag and used 3 inchie tiles as the main attraction. I glued them in place and then secured them with wire that is hidden by the various beads. I made the chain links with rainbow fluorite and rose quartz beads on copper wire.
Here is how it hangs on the display. I made a hook and eye clasp. I have a bit of arthritis in my hands and the hook and eye clasp is easier for me to get on and off.
This next one is a mixed media Bib Necklace made from asymmetrical mica shift tiles, hammered wire swirls and textured metal beads.
I joined the tiles together with small brads. I was concerned the brads would snag clothing on the back but they smoothed down flush with the back of tiles and when I run my finger across the back they feel pretty smooth.
Here is a another look at the front. The wire gives the pendant stability. It measures approximately 5 1/2" across. I used textured metal beads to make the links for the chain.
This last necklace is made from a set of Skinner Blend Tiles I made a couple years ago, (if you would like to see how I made them click on the link).... I joined the tiles together with head pins and beads.
I made loops on the back and folded them over. I wish they were more flush but that is the best I could do. I couldn't use the little brads on this one, the tiles are to thick.
Now I am back to making beads. I want something in green.
Thats it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.