Click on the photos for a closer look.
I had a heart left over from the necklace I showed last time so I made this simple little pendant and strung it on a red ball chain.
I love these stamped metal beads, I combined them with polymer clay beads and made these two necklace.
and I made matching earrings. I added cone shaped drops to this pair.....
and beads that match the necklace for this pair.
It took me 4 tries to make this necklace. At first I was using green wire and a lot more of the flower beads, I thought the green would be more suitable for fall but it didn't look right, .... I was using more of the flower beads... way to busy.... I liked it much better when I cut back on the beads, switched to rose gold wire and the smaller glass pearl beads.
I used lavender and burgundy wire to accent this Lantern Bead necklace and earrings.
Some time ago I made little heart beads with my Valerie Cutters I used them to make these mixed media pendants.
I made a necklace with the set of tube beads I posted last time. I combined them with colored wire and complimentary glass beads. I made a hook and eye clasp,
I've had these swirlie bead for a very long time. I was digging through another box and found this ripple tile, then I spotted the round striped beads, they all looked good together so I added satin finished beads, silver spacer beads and the colored wire..... and this necklace is the end result.
The pendant needed something.... I drilled a couple hole and added the drops, much better now don't you think?
This was an experiment. The diamond shaped tiles are from texture samples I made from mesh bags, I joined them together by over lapping the points and securing them with headpins. I used beads on the front for a more pleasing look and to keep the head pins from slipping through the holes.
here is a closer look.
On the back I made loops and folded them over. Works fairly well although I would like for the loops to be more flush. Any suggestions? I may try covering them with clay and see how that works.
On this pendant I made the wire and bead doodad first and then went looking for a tile to mount it on. This one with a tropical leafy design seemed to work. I attached the wire piece to the tile with 28 gauge wire.
The wire was exposed on the back so I made a textured sheet, cut a piece to cover the wire and rolled the top down to make a bail.
I strung it on a matching ball chain.... not crazy about how it looks on the chain, I may change it to a satin or cotton cord.
This was another experiment. I have lots of short pieces of ball chain. I wanted to see if I could embed them in clay. So far so good. I think I embedded it deep enough that it won't come loose.
I added a Swarovski rhinestone in the center for a little bling. I made two holes through the bead and enclosed the ball chain in place by pressing down on the bead... plus I drizzled a little liquid clay around the chain to keep it in place.
I have a few more pieces to show you but I'm getting a crick in my neck so they will have to wait.... hopefully tomorrow.... or maybe after I take a nap.
Thats it for today.
Thanks for stopping