Friday, September 20, 2013

Polymer Clay Pencil Holder with Inchies

Just a quick fly by to show you how I used some of my Swap Inchies.  I had this jar with 6 flat sides that I've been using as a pencil holder..... "hum" I thought "why not cover it with scrap clay and glue on Inchies"   so that is what I did.  





I have it sitting on my work table, it makes me smile every time I look at it.  Now I am digging through my pantry and frig looking for more flat sided jars.

Please Note: You will know you are addicted to claying when you start buying food for the containers rather than what they contain.  

Speaking of food.... I know this isn't a food blog but that's okay, I wanted to share a quick easy way to make Light as a Feather Dumplings.   My grandma use to make the very best beans and dumplings, she didn't write down her recipe but my brother came up with this one that tastes very much like the dumplings she use to make.

I use these with all kinds of soups and stews..... this time I made Chicken Potato Soup


Mixed up the dumplings....

2 cups Bisquick
3 large eggs

Put the Bisquick in a mixing bowl.  In a separate bowl beat the eggs and add salt to taste. I use about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and if you like pepper add it to the egg mixture.  Pour the eggs into the Bisquick and mix with a spoon.. do not use a mixer.   Drop by spoonfuls into the gently boiling soup.  Cook uncovered for 10 minutes, cover and cook an additional 10 minutes. Remove from the heat.  Don't over cook or the dumplings will be tough and we don't want that!


Serve with a slice of your favorite bread and a simple salad.


Enjoy!

That's it for today. Thanks for stopping by. 



No comments:

Post a Comment