Thursday, February 11, 2010

Polymer Clay Recycling "Thing A Day" Day 11

A couple days ago I was rummaging through my many containers of canes when it dawned on me I have quite a few canes that I am never going to use.... they are either over reduced, poorly designed or just plain ugly... see photo below... keep in mind the photo makes them look a lot bigger than they actually are. I pulled out several to experiment with. I like my twisting and cutting lengthwise technique....


which I used to make these. I have more in the oven and one sitting here in front of me waiting to be twisted and sliced.


Click on the photos for a closer look.

The first two have been sanded and buffed, I haven't sanded the small tiles yet. I had a couple failures, no matter what I did they were ugly so I made them into bead guts, I should have taken photos.. next time I will.. so you can see that some of the canes are past saving. Stay tuned, more recycling tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment