Saturday, February 14, 2015

Week 6 Project for the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge & Catch up on TAD

I know, I have a LOT of catching up to do.  I did make items for Days 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14 for Thing A Day and I did post the photos  on Flickr and Polymer Clay Central.... I just didn't have time to blog about it.

I had company the 9th through the 12th, not sure what I did on the 13th and today, but I know I was busy..... either that or I napped a lot.

So anyway I am about to get caught up.... Get a snack and a drink and settle back, this may take a while.

Day 9 TAD

I made a couple of hearts with a little bling down the center and used jump rings for the bails.  I need to hit them with the heat gun so the micro balls in the center will show up better.



Day 10 TAD

 A small grouping of large Focal Beads with an organic or rustic look.  I'm not through with the first one.


I will add some texture with circles and rings like I did on the round bead here:



Day 11 TAD

I made beads to go with the Open Heart pendant I showed you earlier.


Here's a closer looks at the beads. I have to finish making the wire links so I can string the necklace. I am really bad about having several projects going at once.... now I have to make myself finish them.


I also made swirl beads from scraps to go with the hearts I made for  Day 9


Day 12 TAD

The heart is in celebration of finding my set of stylus.  I have been looking for them for months, really it's been months. When I was packing up my studio for the move I can remember  clear as day putting them in their plastic holder and putting them I'm a drawer.... I have searched every drawer more times than I care to admit.


On tuesday Heather and I made yet another search.... still nothing. Then for some reason I picked up this little box of odds and ends sitting on my work table. I've looked in this box before for other things.... and way down in the bottom I saw the blue one peeking out.... they were not in their plastic holder and they were not in a drawer....  I tell ya, I can talk myself into anything,  I hope I never have to testify in a court of law!!


Here is a closer look at the heart, I had fun adding texture with my new found stylus set and blinging them up with PearlEx metallic powder.


Day 13 TAD

The colors are a little weird on this  bead and pendant set.... but I like weird,  always have.



Close up of the beads, they remind me of spring....  not that we've had much of a winter but I'm looking forward to spring with longer days and the return of my hummingbirds.


And a better look at the pendant.  I used a rubber stamp for the design on the back that folds over to form the bail and a mirror image over another mirror image for the body of the pendant.


And that brings us to Day 14 of TAD and also the same piece I used for Week 6 of the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge

This is another Heart..... well it is Valentine"s Day.... I had to make a heart.  I'm not into the traditional red and white and pink hearts,  mine is more of a Crazy Heart.   The center is a mirror image. I do love mirror images, it's fun to wad up a handful of scraps, roll them around, give them a twist and then... in anticipation... cut down the middle to reveal the fun image inside.  I am rarely disappointed.  Next I have to sand it and come up with a creative way to string it.


Now that wasn't so bad, didn't take as long as I thought it would and I am all caught up once again!! Three cheers for me!!

That it is for now.  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment: