Friday, February 6, 2015

Day 6 Thing A Day & Week 5 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge More Hearts

Okay I know it's confusing, if your confused imagine how I must feel!!

I will try to sort it out. It is Week 5 of the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge which is posted on Facebook and Pinterest (if you followed the directions correctly, which I did, at least I think I did. However there are not many photos on Pinterest so I'm guessing some of you did not follow the directions and will most likely pay the consequences... dire consequences!)

Now today is also Day 6 of the "Thing a Day" challenge on Polymer Clay Central.

I am about to use the same photos for Week 5 and Day 6.....

More Hearts of course.

These I "painted" and highlighted with eye shadow.

First I textured a sheet of white clay with one of my rubber texture sheets. I used the green eye shadows and a touch of the gold to color the Green Victorian Hearts.

I mixed orange, a touch of alizarin crimson and while pearl to get the peach color for the other hearts and then highlighted the textured area with the gold "bounce" eyeshadow. The eye shadow has an iridescence that gives a bit of a shine. Unfortunately it doesn't show in the photos.


Here isa closer look at the pendants. Click on the photos for a larger view.  I still need to add a border and add bails.  By the way you can buff the eye shadow, it gives a nice shine and doesn't rub off.


Here is how I treated the backs.

I used a different texture on the back of the green and tinted it with the pink and lavender eye shadow,  mainly because I wanted to see how the colors would look on white. I still need to put finishing touches on the back of all three.


Do you know tomorrow is already the weekend.... no kidding where did my week go?  I thought today was thursday but nooooo it is friday and it's almost over.  I got up at 7:00 AM, I apparently did not make good use of my time, it is almost  7:00 PM  and  as near as I can tell I did not accomplish much and I'm still wearing my pj's.  I'm not even sure if I combed my hair. Oops, don't tell anyone I said that okay?  Here's my problem, do I get dressed... kinda a waste of clean clothes don't ya think?

With a little luck I will see you tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous use of eyeshadow! No longer plan to pitch my excess makeup! Also retired of a sort (disabled), and as I think of getting dressed, often I come to the same conclusion! Just a waste of clean clothes :-)

    ReplyDelete