Sunday, February 8, 2015

Day 8 Thing A Day Rustic Focal Beads

Late again,  but I have a good excuse.

My grandson had to work Thanksgiving so missed the family dinner. He and his mother are coming for a short visit tomorrow so I thought it would be nice to fix a turkey and all the trimmings..... which includes cranberries.  Fresh cranberries are out of season but I thought frozen ones would be available.  Looked in all the local stores and then finally went on line and discovered they had them in 2 Walmarts close by, one in Cassville, MO and the other in Pea Ridge, AR.

So we set out on our search for cranberries . Both towns are about the same distance but the road to Pea Ridge is scary, lots of hills and curves.  Most the roads here are two lane with curves and hills but that particular road is scarier than most.... so we went to Cassville. The ride over was pleasant and the Walmart was a new super store and very nice.... but it did not have frozen cranberries, just a Fruit Medley that included a few cranberries.  As a back up I did buy dried cranberries.... and as we were already at the store I bought sweet potatoes, tomatoes, avocados,  bread and a few other items.  Not a total loss.

We were closer to Pea Ridge so I decided  for the sake of cranberries I could put up with a scary ride just this once.... who eats turkey without cranberries, not me!   We leave Cassville and as we are passing the tiny town of Seligman, Mo we are pulled over by a highway patrolman. Neither of us could imagine why, we were going the speed limit, last sign I saw a short distance back read 55 and we were going 50, maybe our tail light was out. Turns out we had passed though an area where the speed limit was 35 for a very short distance, I swear neither of us saw any signs, in fact we didn't see any town, the patrolman said there are two 35 mph signs.... the result was a ticket for going 52 in a 35 zone.  $144.00.  Holy cow, speeding tickets have gotten very expensive.... sure killed my craving for cranberry sauce. Forget Pea Ridge, we went home.

The dried berries will have to do, I'll let you know how they turn out. Oh, and to add insult to injury when I was unpacking the groceries the avocados were not in the bag. Agggh!!

So... for my Day 8  I made a hand full of rustic focal beads inspired by the rocks and crystals I find in our yard.


I  like the purple veins in these



This remind me of a polished river rocks.  I like it.


Okay, that's it for today, it's late and I'm tired.   I am off to bed.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. These are absolutely Wonderful!!! I would LOVE to know how you managed this 'faux rock look'. Thanx so much for the inspiration you provide. PS, nothing wrong with staying in the PJ's, awesome retirement perk :)

    ReplyDelete