Sunday, February 1, 2015

Day 1 of the 2015 Thing A Day on PCC

Weekly Challenge and Daily Challenge.... this could get confusing!  Stay with me here, I will be posting daily for the 2015 TAD Challenge on Polymer Clay Central and I will be posting once a week , usually on friday for the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge.... hummm wonder if I can use the same piece on fridays for both challenges, would that be cheating?

If any of you would care to come over to PCC and join in we would love to have you.... the numbers have dwindled and we need all the help we can get..... so "come on down" as the guy from Price is Right use to say

It's cold and gloomy here today, just the kind of day TAD was invented for, here is my Day 1 entry.

I cut out a little heart of Ecru clay, stamped it with a leaf design, "painted" it with chalk, cut out a little bird with my exacto knife, "painted it with chalk and stuck it on the heart. I had some scrap metallic clay that I marbled, cut out an oval, shaped it into a leaf and used it as a background for the heart.

I wish there was more of a contrast between the bird and the leaves on the heart, the bird doesn't show up very well. I'll do better next time, but I still like it. I added a bit of glitter to give it a little bling.

Isn't that a cool rock it's sitting on? I found it in my back yard.  Lots of neat rocks and crystals around here.


Here's a slightly different angle on a paper background, I was hoping the bird would show up better but it doesn't.  I am fighting an urge to outline the bird in black ink, I do wish that bird stood out more.... would that ruin it?


Okay, that's all for today, have to get busy so I'll have something to show you tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. I think the bird is quite visible... very pretty! I love the use of pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete