Thursday, May 27, 2010

Colored Wire & Polymer Clay Necklaces

I'm still pulling weeds and planting flowers. I am happy to report... my backyard is looking good! I still have the back flower garden to conquer... it looks like an overgrown briar patch and I've been dreading doing it. I've also been putting it off cause there is a little bunny living in the briar patch and I hate to destroy his home.

Speaking of the bunny... I've begun to think of him as my own Peter Cottontail.. he's so cute and he doesn't seem to be afraid of me at all. He comes out in the late afternoon and nibbles on the grass. I talk to him and he lets me get within a couple feet before he hippity hops back under cover, when I walk away he comes back out. Well a couple days ago I was planting flower seeds... I decided to just plant seeds in one flower bed and see how it turns out... it's the side flower bed closest to the back garden.... Corny, my evil cat, was napping in the gazebo. She usually goes out at night or early morning and naps in the air conditioned house in the afternoon but that day she decided to do her snoozing in the gazebo. I'm working away when suddenly. out the corner of my eye, I see this orange streak fly across the yard. Yikes!!...I knew I wasn't going to like what was going on behind me. I spun around and sure enough there was my poor little bunny hanging from the jaws of my evil cat. "Old legs don't fail me now"... I rush over, grab Corny... I'm yelling "Drop the bunny, drop it, drop it, drop it!! and shaking her like crazy. She finally releases the bunny, he falls to the ground, careens around the gazebo and back into the briar patch. I march to the house firmly holding a squirming, angry cat. "Bad cat... you are a bad, bad cat!!" I manage to get the back door open, enter the kitchen and not to gently deposit her on the floor. She jumps up on the table and give me a defiant "what the hell was that for?" look. I knew it was a mistake to let her watch "Big Cat Diaries". "No more tv for you missy!!"

That was about all the excitement I could take for one day so I put Corny in the bathroom... you should have heard her complaining...and went back outside to put away my tools. No sign of bunny, I hope he's okay. I then took a nap.

Yesterday it rained and stormed and rained some more so I stayed inside and played with wire. I was going to clay but I have a shin splint on my left forearm... I guess that would make it "forearm splint" ... from all the weed pulling and digging. Anyway it hurts to turn the handle on my pasta machine so I played with wire instead.

Here are the necklaces I made.

Click on the photos for a closer look.

I used black wire wrapped with peridot wire and peridot glass seed beads and glass square beads. The polymer clay beads have a swirl pattern that goes with the design of the pendant.

I used amber and brown wire on this one and added a polymer clay flower that was in my bead stash.

This is what the back looks like. I sandwiched the wire pendant between the polymer clay flower and a circle of raw clay on the back that I smoothed and then cut to fit the flower. I textured the back to give it a more finished look.

This is another focal bead I had laying around. I added some wire embellishment and then made the chain to match. I haven't seen bunny since the "incident", I'm hoping he moved on to greener pastures. Today, if my arm doesn't hurt to much, I'm going to tackle the back garden.


  1. Very Nice! The green and black one are my favorite colors.

  2. Thank you, the green and black one is my favorite too. I almost put those beads in the Trash to Treasure swap I'm glad I didn't.