Sunday, May 9, 2010

Polymer Clay Totem Bracelet

Happy Mother's Day to all you Mom's out there, hope you had a wonderful day!!

I used cane end scraps to make this layered mirror image bracelet. It said "totem" to me so I call it my totem bracelet. I cured it on a small glass jar about the size of a soda can. I used lavender and aqua 20 gauge wire to make the chain links. The large links are 18 gauge gun metal wire.
Click on the photos for a closer look. At first I had a lobster claw clasp but I couldn't put it on with one hand so I made a hook, it works better and it looks better too.

I sanded the inside so it has that silky smooth feel. The back is striped with flowers but for some reason they don't show very well. You can see them better if you enlarge the photo by clicking on it.
I hung it on my display with a few other bracelets.

2 comments:

  1. Your bracelet is lovely! The mirror image shows off really well on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. dang Beej, that is sweet! love the layering

    ReplyDelete