Friday, May 7, 2010

My Two Favorite Mediums Polymer Clay & Wire

No, I'm not dead. I did have the flu or a cold or a virus... something along those lines, I felt like crap and mostly slept but I'm better now.

Then I got side tracked with rooting around in the basement... I'm never going to be done with the basement. The more I root around the bigger the mess gets and I keep finding things that I "can't" get rid of. Maybe I should go on that "hoarder" show. Yesterday I found some things that I thought should be in a closet upstairs... which led to sorting and organizing the closet so I would have room for the stuff from the basement. You get the idea, this is how I spend my days, just moving stuff from one place to another, no wonder I can never find anything.

Here is the Polymer Clay and Wire pieces I made recently.

Click on the photos for a closer look.

The pendant is made from polymer clay and the chain is copper wire accented with seed beads.

Close up of the pendant.I made this layered pendant some time ago. I used brown wire and pink square glass beads to make the bail and chain.

Close up of the pendant
I used one of my "rattlers" for the center of this pin and then added the wire and bead flower. The hand display is smaller than a real hand. I think I'll put a bail on the back so it can be worn as a pendant too.

2 comments:

  1. BJ, Your works is always unusual and unexpected.....and cool, combining all sorts of interesting elements together. So glad that you are feeling better and stopped cleaning long enough to create more lovely pretties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work, BJ. The "snails" and the "rattler" really resonate with me today. Glad you're doing better. ~Jackie

    ReplyDelete