Friday, October 9, 2015

Scrap Beads & Pendants

It is raining today, a perfect day to stay inside and play with clay.

I sat down at my work table fully intending to make cane work beads. First I needed to clear the scraps off my work area, as I was putting them away I spotted my scrap bins and decided to play with scraps instead.  I have a hard time resisting scraps.

I took out several bags of cane scraps


Selected a hand full from the bag of cobblestone cane scraps and added a few from the black and white scraps.....I am running low on black and white scraps, guess I better make more black and white canes.

This isn't a very good photo, the lighting is poor in here. I take most of my photos on the porch but like I said it is raining and breezy out there.


I squished them into a ball, rolled them into a long log, folded the log in half, twisted it and rolled  it into a log again, flattened it with my brayer and cut it in half lengthwise.... next time I will take photos of each step.

This mirror image piece is the result. Lots of cool images in this one, it is fairly large, 2" x 4 1/2".  I will add wire and use it on a journal cover or wall art.


Here are more pieces made from scraps.  Most will be used as pendants and beads.


More scrap pieces. Not sure what I will do with these, I'll think of something.



Now I really am going to get out my canes and make cane work beads..... or I might make canes. What ever I do I will post photos.

That's it for today.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment