Sunday, October 18, 2015

Autumn Wall Art & Beads

I've had a busy week. We went to Mountain View Arkansas for a few days with my cousins Neal and Carol. It is a delightful little town with a variety of shops and wonderful folk and blue grass music. We stay at the Wild Flower Bed & Breakfast, it's under new management and the new owner is a terrific cook, her breakfasts are to die for. It's perfectly located within walking distance of the downtown shops and the park.  In the afternoons and evening you will find local and visiting musicians playing together in the park so take your lawn chairs and enjoy.

Yesterdays and today I made a few beads but first I made this wall art piece and added one of my wire and polymer clay owls and pumpkin. It's a little dark but I like it.



And I made beads.

I used an old cane that I've had for many years to make swirl beads. Swirl beads and jewelry made with swirl beads always sell well.... I like these, they have a wonderful organic look.

First I made round beads


And gave them a swirl...


I also made some Swirly coin beads with end of day scraps. After I cured the beads I painted the edges gold to give them a little bling.


I also made another mirror image...... trying to decide if I should use it this side up...



or this side up.  What do you think?


Time for a quick lunch and then I may go outside for while.

Thanks for stopping by.

5 comments:

  1. Love the beads. I was in Eureka Springs last Monday and stopped by the gallery where you show but was so disappointed that it was closed on Mondays. Was really looking forward to seeing your stuff since I follow your blog. Maybe next time we are in town. It was beautiful down there with the fall leaves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry the gallery was closed, I would have been thrilled for you to see my stuff. Do you come down often? Maybe we can get together next time you are in town.

      Delete
  2. If we come down next fall to enjoy the leaves I will email you in advance, maybe we could get together for coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous! My favorite is the bottom pendant! I see a peacock with an owl and a parakeet in front of him :-)

    ReplyDelete