I was experimenting with Translucent Pardo Art Clay with the two on the sides. The one in the center I made from left over cutouts and wire.
After conditioning I rolled out a thin sheet of Pardo Translucent, #9, the thinnest setting on my pasta machine, stamped a leaf pattern on the clay, covered it with a 2nd layer and cut out the hearts. If you look closely you can see an air pocket in the top heart on the right. I drilled hole along the sides and added wire.
I made a coiled wire bail and strung it on a chain.
Here is how it looks on a black background. The air pocket shows up more in this photo.
I used the doubled sided cutters I purchased from Valerie to make the hearts.
Another experiment. This was suppose to be the front of this pendant......
.... but I like the solid color textured back better.... so now this is the front.
I tinted Pardo Translucent with Alcohol inks then added glitter to make these cabs.
I attached layered & textured hearts to Pardo Translucent backgrounds to make these.
This is how they look from the back.
The frame is made with square wire and a bit of weaving at the top. I haven't decided what kind of a bail I will make.
I stamped a design on the background.
For this one I used 16 gauge amber wire for the swirl then hammered it flat and added the Pardo Translucent backing.
My favorite Valerie cutters are this set of hearts. For more about the cutters see this earlier post. I like that they are sharp on both sides. I use a wooden block to push them into the clay.
I like layers and textures. The bottom heart is made from the left overs of the one on the right. The puffy heart on the left is air filled.
The backs. I still need to sand a couple of them.
Close up of the largest, the textures are highlight with PearlEx. To get the crackle effect on the border I made a thin sheet of the aqua, #4 on the pasta machine folded it in half lengthwire and ran it though the pasta machine again, cut a long strip and wrapped it around the heart with the crackled side up, then highlighted with bronze PearlEx.
I like using aqua and bronze together. I put a row of little balls inside this one.
I may add wire and use these hearts for asymmetrical earrings.
And here are a couple pieces with little birds. The one on the left is very busy, has a lot going on, wire weaving, beads, ruffles, I had a hard time getting a good photo of this one... will have Heather take a better one. The one on the right was made with left overs, I had those little rounds cut out and couldn't bear to toss them in the scrap bag. The little blue bird was an after thought.
That is it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.