Sunday, November 24, 2013

Mixed Media Polymer Clay & Wire Necklace

I added wire and some additional polymer clay adornments to one of the pendants I posted last week.... this is the result.  I love it.... hope you do to.


I've had this delicate chain for some time, I like the open weave balls, it goes well with the pendant.


I didn't like the wire showing through so I covered it up with a textured heart.


I added a row of textured dots on the layered heart..... they are from the same sheet of clay as the heart at the side.

I secured the wire swirls to the back of the pendant with Zap a Gap glue and then covered it with a thin sheet of clay in the shape of a heart.



I used one of my canes to make these tube beads and the end pieces of the cane to make the mirror image tile.



I made a few "end of day" beads and then textured them, highlighted with PearlEx and popped them in the over to be cured.




This is what I am working on now..... tiles for a bracelet and earrings.   I will texture a sheet of solid color clay to finish the backs of the tiles.  The round beads are made from the scraps I trimmed off the back of the mirror image triangles.   The triangles are made from cane scraps  that I smooched together, twisted and rolled into cones and them sliced in half lengthwise.  I'm not sure what brands of clay they contain..... I hope Premo and Kato....  I like the colors and don't want them to darken when cured.


Heather has been making attractive neck pieces from vintage neckties..... arn't they gorgeous?  They are available in her Etsy shop The Midnight Raven

Elegant in red and purple...



or  check out this lovely in greens and purples..... and rows of luscious tinted pearls.


She also made this pretty repurposed necklace and earrings from a vintage tin with drops and chain from a broken vintage necklace.


Thanksgiving is fast approaching...... I want to wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving with friends and family and lots of scrumptious food.

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment