Sunday, June 30, 2013

Polymer Clay Covered Tins


I finally finished my "Fantasy Vessel"  for the International Polymer Clay Swaps on Facebook.  It was my first time covering a tin and I also tried my hand at a little sculpting.  I can't show you that tin until it   reaches my swap partner in Italy. However when I was scrounging around I found a couple other tins that wanted to be covered , I can show you those.

I went with an "under the sea" theme.  The twinchie at the top is a reject, the one I swapped is much better.

Click on the photos for a closer look.




I made the fish to put on the tin but haven't attached it yet.  I may use it as a pendant or a brooch and put something else on the tin....


Close up of the fish.



Here is how it looks on the tin. What do you think?  Should I glue it on?  


Close up of the Seahorse tin.  They have a bit of a steampunk flair.


Back of the tins


I made beads with the left over clay.


More beads, I want to make more starfish beads but I have to condition more silver clay. My silver Kato  is to firm and the Premo is to soft so I will mix the two together to get the right consistency. 


Here is another twinchie and a folded pendant with some of the beads.


My next project is making 2 dozen inchies for another swap.... in the mean time I returned to my cane stash to make more beads.  Next time I post I will show you those. Right now I have a hoard of grandkids & other family members coming over. They will be arriving  soon and they will be hungry. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

4 comments:

  1. BJ, I love those sea horses and that fish is awesome. How long does it take you to make something like that? It's 120 here right now, do you have an extra room so that I can come and stay with you and you can teach me how to do wire work? I'll do the ironing and vacuuming and I can cook cereal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow, 120? and you want me to move to Arizona? For some reason it is only in the 70's here, very unusual for this time of year.

      You iron and vacuum? are you nuts? fortunately I like cereal.

      The wirework on the fish took a few hours, the tin covering went faster than I expected. Are you in the same swap?

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete