Saturday, May 18, 2013

Polymer Clay Pen & Twinchie Swap

We just finished the latest International Polymer Clay Swap on Facebook, The theme for this one was "Polymer Clay Covered Pen & a Twinchie"   For those of you who don't know what a "twinchie" is (like my friend Moe)  it is like an "Inchie" only bigger.  An inchie is a 1 inch square tile and a twinchie is a 2 inch square tile.  The way they are decorated is up to the creator.

I used my scrap cobblestone cane to make the pen and twinchie for my partner Paula.



I made two twinches, couldn't decide which to send so I sent both..... along with matching beads so Paula can make a necklace if she wants to.  Here is close of up the first one with the beads.


This is the second one. I also used strips of a simple border cane on this one. It's a little funky, but I like funky.


And this is a close up of the pen.


Here is the gorgeous pen and  adorable twinchie I received from  Paula.   I love the Delft colors and design.


I have a cup of coffee when I first get up but the rest of the day I drink tea so the teapot and matching cup are perfect. Isn't it charming? I love it. She even has tea pouring from the spout.



And here is a closer look at the pretty pen.


The "International Polymer Clay Swap" group have  had 5 one on one Swaps  so far. I participated in 4, I missed the first one but you can bet I won't miss anymore.  It has been great fun to see what everyone makes, so many talented artist...  and it's been a joy getting to know folks from all around the world.

The theme for the next swap is "Fantasy Vessels &  a Twinchie".  If you would like to join in the fun  all you have to do is join the group and sign up for the swap.  For more information click here 

Heather and I have been hard at work planting flowers.... she does all the digging and I do the hard part... telling her where to dig.  I'm a darn good supervisor. My yard is looking good... yip, I will be posting photos soon.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment