Thursday, May 16, 2013

Polymer Clay Beads

Here are some of the beads I made before our trip to Kansas.  I finally got around to editing the photos.

I have 100's of canes and I am running out of room to store them so I thought it a good idea to made beads....


This is a simple border cane I made with my extruder.  The colors are lime, charcoal gray and black.

Click on the photos for a closer look.


I trimmed the ends and used the scraps to make these beads.


I will use them with this mirror image tile to make a necklace.


I used the scrap Cobblestone cane to make these, the top three are textured with sandpaper.



Layered square beads made from a Cobblestone cane.


Back of the square beads.


This cane was a little crumbly.... so I gave up using it for beads.... I will try softening it with liquid Kato before I attempt more beads. I love the colors and the stained glass design.



It's good to have a ready supply of black and white beads.  I made these with a black and white cane.



I made tube beads from one of my favorite canes. I love these colors together. I used one of my Tiny Peg Stamps from Meer Image Stamps to stamp the little turtles on each end, aren't they fun? Steven  has an abundance of wonderful stamps, if you are not familiar with his site, give yourself a treat and check it out.


More beads from the same cane. I made a bracelet with the tube beads....I am pleased with the way it turned out.... so is my daughter, she glommed on to it before her sister saw it.  I will take photos soon.


I am making more beads from my cane stash. Plus, I am working on this mixed media necklace. The center of the pendant is made of layered and folded polymer clay framed with woven wire.  I created asymmetrical wire and bead components  on each side and will finish with either a hand made chain or  silk cord.


Okay, that's it for today..... I have to water my flowers and then back to making beads. See you soon.

Thanks for stopping by.


No comments:

Post a Comment