Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Pardo Art Clay Necklace

I made this necklace to test the strength of Pardo Art Clay. I cut very thin slices from the previous Pardo cane and rolled two corners to the center to form the beads. I used a pin vise to make small holes in the other two corners for the O rings.  To make the pendant I cut a thicker slice from the cane, ran it through the pasta machine to the #9 setting and then rolled it into a cone.  

Click on the photos for a closer look. 


I used faceted crystal beads, copper bead caps and brown wire to make complimentary links to go with the curled cane beads. 


Close up of the curled beads.  


The pendant is filled with a crystal bead and brown wire with a lacy bell shaped bead cap on the top.


View of the back of the beads. 


The clay held up really well, no tearing or breaking. 

I have more pieces almost finished, just have to do a little sanding and buffing. I will show you tomorrow.  


4 comments: