I went back to Hobby Lobby and purchased one of every color they had plus two whites and two translucent. And as you can see, I purchased some of the paints too.
Click on the photos for a closer look.
I made these canes. The clay conditioned with ease and reduced wonderfully. So far I'm loving it. Very little distortion and the canes are easy to slice.
I used my extruder for this one, the one on the right is from left over clay. The clay is expensive so I don't want to waste a single bit.
This was an experiment. I rolled a sheet of translucent out to the #9 setting on my pasta machine. I laid it on a ceramic tile and painted some squiggles on the raw clay with the metal paints. I cut the excess clay from around the images (again because of the cost I didn't want to waste clay) and popped it in the oven.
The cured pieces are very strong and flexible. I tried bending it every which way and it didn't break.
Next I am going to try it with the colored clay and see what happens. If the thin sheets are strong enough I would like to use them with wire. I have a plan in my head, now we will see if it works.