Friday, January 23, 2015

2015 Polymer Clay Challenge Week 3 WIP Wall Art

I am trying my hand at wall art. This is definitely a Work In Progress.  I brought out some old scrap clay, warmed it up a bit and ran it through  the pasta machine to the #4 setting. I then folded and squished it around to a shape I liked and cured it in the oven.  I then tinted some Pardo translucent with alcohol ink and made flowers. I added glass pearl stamen and attached them to the scrunched clay. For now I am using cork board for the background but it's to fragile and the color isn't right so I need a different background, maybe a painted canvas or a piece of wood.


I wanted it bigger so I added a 2nd piece of the scrunched  clay and a couple of my mixed media fish.  I like the look of the fish but I'm thinking gold fish would stand out more, the blue one (at the bottom) kinda melts into the background.... the purple one stands out a little better.


I apologize for the pictures, I need a new chip for my camera so I had to take these with my iPhone.

Thats all for now. I want to watch Grimm at 8:00 so I better go fix dinner.

Thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

  1. Very impressive for a first attempt at wall art. that's on my list of things i want to try during this challenge. You are inspirational. I love the look of the scrunched clay.

    ReplyDelete