Friday, January 16, 2015

2015 Polymer Clay Challenge Week 2

                                                            2015 Polymer Clay Challenge                               

Okay, I think I managed to "grab the button" for the Challenge and insert it on my blog..... we will see.  Im pretty sure it is suppose to be somewhere else on the page but for now this is the best I can do. Someone click on it to see if it works.



I have a rather meager offering for this weeks entry..... just a hand full of cane flower beads I made for a friend.


I was planning to show a pair of salt and pepper shakers but I only finished one.... and I'm not sure I like it.  You take a look and tell me what you think.

"Little houses under trees" is the theme but I'm not liking the purple background, to dark, don't you think?


 This is the other side.  I may experiment with a lighter background on the other shaker and see how it turns out.



Has anyone ever covered the lid? I'm may give that a try.

Now that I got the PC stuff out of the way be prepared for a long rant, I have had a technilogical week of hell! Really, I am lost without my grandson.

First I saw the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge and thought "why not, that will be fun". Easy peasy right? All I have to do is make something, take a photo and post it.

Little did I know.... the instructions almost made me fall off my chair!  Starting with the "grab the button" thingy and put it on your blog.  I would explain all the twists and turns I went though but I can't for the life of me remember what they were, needless to say they did not work.  I'm just hoping the thingy at the top of this post works for now.  I have a week to try putting it in the right place.

Now here are the rest of the instructions:   (Please keep in mind I am an old lady who still believes all this cyber stuff is magic.... most likely black magic. I don't know the correct jargon and I am most definitely technically challenged. )

Instructions:


  • All challenges for the week are due by FRIDAY of that week.
  • Be sure to post your challenge results on your blogs or website.
  • Post your challenge results on our Pinterest Board.
  • Post your challenge results on our FaceBook page.
    • Post your picture in the corresponding WEEKLY Photo Album.
    • Be sure to come over to the FB group and comment on each others posts.
I can do the first one, no problem. I will have my entry done by friday each and every week.

I can and will post it on my blog.  Doing good so far.

Now here's where the trouble starts. I go over to the Pinterest Board but before I can post my photo I have to join the board. Before I can join the board I have to email katersacres .... which I did.  Here's the instructions I got back:

Thank you for your interest in being added to the board. In order to add you to the group board you must first do 2 things:
1) Follow ALL my Pinterest Boards here: http://pinterest.com/katersacres
2) Send me your Pinterest URL so I can follow you & add you to the board.

Okay, I am now following ALL her Pinterest Boards and have sent her my URL ..... at least I think what I sent was my Pinterest URL .... (I am getting a headache!)

I will check later to see if I have magically been added to the group board (fingers crossed) 

Next.... I am suppose to post my challenge results to the FaceBook Page.  Did that but I was also suppose to post a link of the Facebook page to my blog which I couldn't do yet because I am still writing this post ...... aaagggh!! (I will edited it in later)

"Post your picture in the corresponding WEEKLY photo album"  aaagggh! again!  didn't I just do that?  

I am now taking a break from my fun time joining the 2015 Polymer Clay Challenge.  I will attempt to update you later.  

Bear with me... here is another long rant.

Now for some unknown reason.... I apparently like to be punished.... I was invited to take part in the Jewelry Art Challenge on Facebook.   Again, sounded like fun.   Each day for 5 days I went through my old photos and picked out ones I wanted to share then posted them on Facebook and each day nominated a fellow artist to do the same. 

So on Day 4, I think it was Day 4, I nominated my friend Eva to join the fun. Being a cracker jack typist I misspelled her last name which friend Ashely pointed out. So I messaged Eva to let her know she had been nominated. When she tried to find where I had nominated her she could not see the post or any of my photos. Now what have I done? 

 I then texted my very bright and helpful friend Jackie to mosey over to Facebook and see if she could see the photos .... she could not.  Uh oh, this is not good. So Jackie and I go on a search as to why my photos do not show up on Facebook, it was a long search with Jackie telling me where to check and what do so, after what seemed like hours (actually it was about an hour) we discovered all my setting were "Private"   only I could view my photos. Brilliant 

To make a long story a little shorter I changed the settings to "friends". Problem solved....good to go,  nope! The new setting only applies to future posts. In order to see the already posted photos I had to go back and edit each photo....which I did.  

Keep in mind I have, over these many years, occasionally posted a photo of something never knowing I was the ONLY person who could see it. To tell you the truth it kinda hurt my feeling that no one ever left a comment....  Im not sure when or how I managed to make all my photos "private"... there was a time when I posted photos and other folks did see them.  Maybe it was when I got my Mac, who knows.  

I have more problems with my iPhone and my iPad..... I won't bore you with those, at least not right now.  And changing my email addresses, what a nightmare!!  Am I the only Grandma that has these problems? surly not!

  Now that I am in the 2015 PC Challenge I will have to post on my blog at least once a week.  Unless, of course ,  I failed to follow the instructions and get booted out.  And in February we will be doing the TAD on PCC so I will post every day, that will be fun. 

Okay I am headed over to Facebook to see if everything is still working, see you next week. 

Thanks for stopping by. 





5 comments:

  1. HaHaHa I completely missed the Pinterest thing (more likely blocked it from my conscious mind because I don't really LIKE the P place). Sigh... I'll go "follow" based on your helpful link, BJ... and probably never go back again LOL.

    P.S. I love the shaker... it's a little ominous (right up my alley but I can't ever manage that style).

    As a mnemonic, I make sure to blog-post on Wednesdays (my math mind grooves on 7,14.21, etc.) and leaves room for life's challenges which might delay posting.

    The button thing contains html code, which, if inserted into the HTML/JavaScript add-a-gadget (under the layout options) will pop the cute little button on your blog's side margins.

    Now stop stressing! *mwaaahaaahaaa*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Check it out Monique, I did it!! I am so proud of me!! I followed your instructions and the button thingy worked. Thank you!!

      Delete
  2. Not sure you received my reply to your comment on my blog (I got that nasty message "Delivery to the following recipients failed. good***days@charter.net")

    Look at you all buttony *TeeHee*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you looking for free Facebook Followers?
    Did you know you can get them AUTOMATICALLY AND TOTALLY FOR FREE by using Like 4 Like?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg! What Monique said about html code melted my brain! Thank God my children understand that stuff!

    ReplyDelete