Monday, January 21, 2013

Adding Wire & Beads to Polymer Clay

I haven't done much claying since Christmas but I did add wire work and beads to some of the polymer clay pieces that I had lying around.

I  added silver tone wire and glass beads to this purple piece to make a mixed media brooch.

Click on the photos for a closer look.



This poor ostrich has been hanging out with the peacocks..... notice his stylish peacock hairdo.....
I used 18 gauge silver tone wire wrapped with 28 gauge wire and seed beads for his head, tail and legs.


I used a simple striped circle of polymer clay as the focal for this pendant framed with amethyst 18 gauge wire wrapped with 28 gauge wire and seed beads.  I made a matching chain with hand made jump rings.


I used wire and beads to add a little bling to this simple leaf textured polymer clay pendant.  I am working on a matching chain.


And last but not least.... this is my favorite.... I strung this mirror image pendant on black waxed cord tied with spaced Chinese button knots instead of wire or chain.  I added a drop of rose quartz beads.  I am pleased with the way it turned out.  Heather listed it, and the necklace above,  in my shop on Etsy, Knightwork Studio


That's it for today.  I joined in another Facebook swap, this time the theme is hearts and a handmade texture sheet.... that is my next project.... along with canes.  I am in a cane making mood.

Thanks for stopping by.


7 comments:

  1. These are awesome!! I love adding wire and beads to my polymer creations as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lupe. I just checked your blog, you have some awesome goodies over there.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Trina. I appreciate the kind words.

      Delete
  3. BJ, that peacock is gorgeous. The rest of them are too but I like that one the best. He's so regal looking. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie. I like playing with wire almost as much as playing with clay.

      Delete
  4. I love them all. Your creations are so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete