Sunday, July 11, 2010

More Polymer Clay Steampunk


I am a creature of habit, I don't like change. The town fathers in our little hamlet have hired a new "Refuse Service Company" which has thrown everything into turmoil.  All the years we have lived here our trash  and recycle pickup day has been monday. Now trash is picked up on wednesday,  yard waste on tuesday and recyclables  on friday. I find this mind boggling, it has totally messed up my routine.  I might be able to adjust to one change... but three, this is just not right.

Sunday evening was the time I use to bag up all the trash and clean out the frig... get rid of all those baggies containing left over pizza, half a tomato, small hunks of meat, an ear of corn...all stuff I knew no one would eat but I couldn't bring myself to throw out until it sit in the frig for a week and grew fuzz. It also made room for the food I purchased on monday for the coming week.  Now I'm suppose to clean the frig on tuesday and grocery shop on wednesday, this is not going to be easy. 

The new schedule went into effect July 1st... I did manage to get the trash out for pickup on wednesday but missed the recycle pickup on friday which means I have a full recycle bin sitting on the back porch. This is sunday, I should be bagging trash, tossing baggies of fuzzy food and neatly organizing the recycle bin, you can get more in if its organized, but no, I'm sitting here twiddling my thumbs.  Like I said, I don't like change.


 Okay, done with the rant.... so here is the Steampunk I made this week.

Click on the photos for a closer look.

I used interference PearlEx to give it a little shine and then sealed with Kato liquid clay. It's embellished with watch parts, gold filled chain, glass beads and a little rickshaw pin.  I still need to made a chain to hang it on.

The colors on this one are a little strange but I kinda like it. Heather says it has a "sea life" look. 


 I used blue steel watch hands and a couple blue steel watch gears on this one. I couldn't get the watch hands to stay flat on the clay, the pointed ends kept popping up so I glued faceted crystal beads to cover them.

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean about change. What were they thinking? Love your new pieces. Really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And Heather is right! I like that one the best! Poor Beej, wiped out by the garbage man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the red top part of the middle one - it's great looking. Your idea with the crystals on the bottom one is super! Good save, and a good idea any old time.

    I grabbed the pics... thank you!

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete