Thursday, March 3, 2016

Thing A Week Scrap Pendants

Boy did I fall down on my  "Thing A Day" posts, sorry I couldn't keep up. There was just to much going on..... I did manage to make something for all 29 days and post them on Flickr and Polymer Clay Central.  If you would like to see here is a link to my Flickr Photostream. Now why didn't I thin of that sooner!!

We had so much fun with "Thing a Day" we decided to continue with "Thing A Week". We post photos of our creations each Thursday. For an explanation and the rules see Eva's post on Polymer Clay Central.

Here is the pendants I made for the first "Thing a Week"

I was conditioning scrap clay to use for bead guts. After about 10 passes
through the pasta machine this pretty marbled design appeared and I decided
to texture the sheet with my tracing wheel. More scraps were used to make
mirror images. Got out my little heart and oval cutters and made beads to add
to the texture pieces. Then I dug through my molds and used one of the faces
to make the pendant in the center. I tinted the face with chalk.





I also made a layered pendant with a leaf cane and a textured background.
I used a Virginia James  texture sheet for the background and then
 highlighted with gold PearlX.
 I used a button mold for the top of the
center pendant. I 'm not thrilled with the wire hair on the face, may have
to change that.




I used a button mold for the top of this one, tinted with chalk.






Closer look at the layered pendant.





Closer look at the mirror image pendants.

That's it for today.  I think I can handle posting once a week..... if anything exciting happens I'll post more.

Thanks for stopping by. 

10 comments:

  1. Absolutely fantastic job you have done here.This is so nice.Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, very interesting concept. You make a good point that all the factors need to come into play.Childcare Referral Data is essential part of our life.It depends on the service you get.You can visit to our site for more information.

    Kato Polymer Clay

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Post Enjoyed Reading it will come to explore more.

    Regards : microsoft365.com/setup

    ReplyDelete