Friday, November 21, 2014

Eureka Springs Zombie Parade

The Zombie Parade took place the day after Halloween.  Funny story..... they have lots of parades in Eureka Springs and they usually take place at 2:00 PM or 2:30 PM and I am usually late. The parades aren't very long so if your late your usually to late, and miss the whole thing.  I was determined to not miss the Zombie Parade so I insisted we go down early, 1:30 that way I won't be late and will get a good seat in the park to watch the parade.  There are benches along the street that face out, perfect for parade watching... and for people watching, that's fun too.

All is quiet when we get there, the benches are empty so I have my pick. I stake out the perfect spot. It's in the shade and it's a little chilly but that's okay, I'm dressed warm and Lynn bought me a cup of hot coffee at the shop across the street. Okay I am ready, bring on the parade.

This is the street the parade will come down. As you can see I have a perfect view.


And a street musician is playing his banjo.  I am a lucky gal, perfect spot and free entertainment while I wait.


2:00 PM, no crowd is gathering and I don't hear any parade sounds. 

2:30 PM. still nothing. 

3:00 PM My coffee is cold, so am I, what the heck is going on, still no crowd and still no parade. Lynn is out and about, he doesn't like to sit still for very long. He wanders back, I'm shivering and complaining .... did we get the dates wrong ..... he looks it up on his iPhone. Turns out the Zombie Parade is an evening parade and will not start until 6:30 PM.   Makes since when you think about it, Zombies don't walk around in broad daylight.   Silly me!!

Grumbling under my breath I gather up my belongings and head back to the house for a nap and a bite to eat. 
At 6:00 PM we head back down town..... let me tell ya there is a crowd this time.  My perfect spot is buried in a sea of Zombie watchers I can't even make it up to the park,  I'm stuck on the street with the other late comers. 



Lynn had to drop me off and takes the car back to the house.  No parking any where.  We live close to down town but I'm still not able to go up and down Jacobs Ladder.  

I got a few fairly decent photos of the parade but most were to dark.  

This Zombie is having a handy snack.  Get it? "Hand"y snack?  Yum!!



The Zombie Incinerator .... no explanation needed.


Interesting family, the mother and younger daughter are Zombies and the father and older daughter are Zombie hunters.  Must make for some interesting times around their house.


This was my favorite Zombie Isn't she a beauty?


A trio of Zombie friends out for an evening stroll.


There were many more Zombies, the parade lasted for about an hour. There was a troop of Zombie dancers that performed as they marched and there was a ensemble  that put on a show in from of the park.  I however missed most of that. I missed my perfect spot, I couldn't even get in to the park area. I was down the street trying to see over and arounds the folks in front of me.  Next year I will know..... go down at 4:00 PM, take a sack lunch, a thermos of hot apple cider, a blanket , wear long underwear, gloves, hat & scarf.  Sounds like a plan for the Christmas parade..... I will let you know how it goes. 

Okay here are a couple clay things.  I'm just playing around with items I already made, seeing how they would look as wall art.  Nothing is attached as yet. Please tell me what you think. 

I got out some of my inches and set them on a 5" mirror tile to get a feel of how it would look.  If I do this I will make matching inches and outline the mirror in clay.  


The clay is attached to the mirror on this one, the fish isn't attached yet. I will make a few more sea creatures to go beneath the fish.  This also is a 5" tile.



This is the house tile I just made and more inchie tiles in the corner,  Again I will make a clay border, this tile is larger, 8 inches.

The ceiling in my studio is wood painted white, works pretty well for taking photos of mirrors.



The next few days will be busy getting ready for Thanksgiving plus about 1/2 our family members have birthdays this week so I doubt I will have time to blog. 

I wish you all a Happy Thanksgiving .... I love Thanksgiving, it's a happy time to be with family and the food is my favorite. especially the left overs, I won't have to cook for a week!

Thanks for stopping by. 







2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope that comment you removed wasn't ugly! These are gorgeous! I'd buy them, but I would rather make some! You are inspiring!

    ReplyDelete