Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Polymer Clay Mica Shift

I know "all good things must come to an end". Alas.... tomorrow is the last Clay Pen Chat.....  A BIG "Thank You" and lots of hugs to Jackie for being our most capable host for the last 8 years, she has done an outstanding job and we all love her for providing a  friendly warm place for us to get together each week.   I am sorry to see it end, it was a joy to get to know so many fellow clayers, share ideas, and get to know them and their families.

Our final theme is Mica Shift.  

I made a few critters and a brooch.  Click on the photos for a closer look. 

              Three little mice beads and a crazy cat.  I love that stamp. 


               Another cool cat and the same little mice from  the other side. 



 I also made a brooch in Shades of Autumn Gold. I used a leaf design texture sheet for the design.  I filled the center with tinted cultured pearls secured with amber wire. 


I had planned to make some "under the sea" mica shift tiles but time go away from me... I'll save them for another time. 

I've been working in the yard.... it's looking pretty good.  

Check out the Morning Glories on top of the gazebo, they look good with the trumpet flowers.  Hummingbirds love them... me too! Most are purple, a few are pink.  Next year I'll plant blue ones too. 




Close up of a purple morning glory.



I can't recall the name of this flower.... I'm sure it will come to me later. 


The zinna's are starting to fade but this bunch still looks pretty good, I like the pastel colors. 


I planted autumn mums today, I'll take photos tomorrow. 

Okay.... That's it for today.

Thanks for stopping by. 



6 comments:

  1. I take it the check-up went well? Nice to see you busy, busy, busy. Mica shift is one of my favourite methods (along with mokume)... don't stamps just make life worth living, B.J.? Those mice just need some dark shades and they could be the Three Blind Mice LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your flowers and I can see that they love you. :) I love the zinnias! I want zinnias... I wonder if we can have them here.. hmmmm. Oh but if you read my blog post you'll see that it's my belief that my current flowers are staying forever in this unending summer. :) But I could add zinnias, couldn't I? :)

    Lovely clay work - the pearls are such a smart addition! I had fun with my piece but changed it tonight for the better, I hope I can get a photo of it somehow before tomorrow.

    See you then!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unos trabajos preciosos, y el jardín una maravilla. Besos

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flowers are so pretty and colorful! Beautiful clay pieces as always, love the mice and that kitty in green is awesome!

    ReplyDelete