Thursday, November 10, 2011

Mixed Media Red & Aqua Necklace and Pendant

One of the Julie P. pendants I made is the focal on this mixed media necklace.  I used red howlite beads, aqua blue magnesite beads, copper and amber wire to complete the necklace. The pendant has circles in the design so I continued the circles on the wire links.

Click on the photos for a closer look.


Close up of the woven wire leaves.


I used rows of red mirco glass balls to out line recessed areas on the pendant. 


A different view of the necklace.  It has a bit of a southwestern look, reminds me of a chard of pottery.



I also made a woven wire pendant with a polymer clay drop in the same colors. 


I have three boxes of unfinished pendants. My goal is to string them ... at least some of them,  before I start a new project.  I found a shop on Etsy that sells inexpensive cords and chains that is suitable for many of them. I hope to get them in our Etsy shop in time for the holiday shopping.

I will take photos tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

  1. Very cool! I love the last one. That folded clay is just super. As always, you did a fabulous job. :)

    ReplyDelete