Sunday, September 14, 2014

WIP Zentangle Polymer Clay Journal Cover

It's hard to find time to play with clay when you live in a resort town.  We have had lots of company,  our son Brad, who lives in Oregon, came for a short visit, he hadn't seen the cottage yet or his Dads boat so we were thrilled he was able to come.  His visit prompted a visit from daughter Heather, grandsons Nick and Brandon,  granddaughter Amanda, her hubby Cory and of course great granddaughter Lydia who was the star of the visit.  The rest of the family couldn't make it but Brad will be back for Christmas so they will see him then.

This is our Lydia playing with the colorful big stuffed  lion her Uncle Brad found in a Eureka Springs shop. She is such a sweet happy baby!


The shops here are filled with an abundance of wonderful creative things, I will have no problem finding birthday and Christmas gifts this year.


Now the other impediment to my claying is there is so much to do and see here, concerts or shows almost every weekend and so many good restaurants, plus the weather has been beautiful. My favorite thing to do is sit on the porch and watch the hummingbirds, I just can't get enough of them. Not sure what I am going to do when they go south for the winter.  Of course there will still be the deer and other critters to keep me entertained. Even though we live just a couple blocks from the historic district  we still have deer wandering through our back yard.

Anyway I have stayed inside a bit the last couple evenings and worked on a few things.  Used the last cane and some of the scraps to make mirror image tiles. I textured the backgrounds and used "Perfect Pearls" to add the shine.



I also made a mirror image pendant  from scraps.  I textured the background with sandpaper and shaded it with PearlEx powders in green and gold. I used PearlEx violet on the embellishments.



This is what took up most of my time.... a journal cover that is the WIP ..... I like playing with zentangles so I just started doodling and this is what I have done so far. I still need to come up with a border and add a few design elements. I first cured the clay and then drew the designs with my Microperm pen.  I'm not very good at zentangles yet but I hope to improve with practice. I will take more photos when I finish it.... not sure when that will be.


I hear my hummingbirds calling me..... they make a cute chittering sound..... so I'm heading outside.

Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment: