Friday, August 1, 2014

Surprise Lilies in my yard... and Border Canes

I love to garden and when we moved here in April I had big plans for our terraced back and side yards. Then I injured my back and wasn't able to garden at all. My morning routine is to enjoy a cop of coffee on the upper back deck. I can sit out there is my pj's listen to the birds sing and watch the squirrels play in the big oak tree. I always felt a little disappointed when I look down and saw weeds growing where flowers should be.....  then last week I looked down in the back yard and saw these beauties swaying in the breeze..... it took my breath away! Seriously it took my breath away.... It was a gift, a wonderful beautiful gift, one that I can look forward to every year.  Surprise Lilies!!

This is how they looked from the deck.

Click on the photos for a closer look.


and here is a closer look.


I also found them along the front of the house and by the garage.  When driving around town you see them everywhere..... such a wonderful sight!! Do you have Surprise Lilies in your yard?

Now on the claying.  I am enjoying making canes again. I originally planned to make a Border cane to go with my Fox cane...... and ended up with these.  Often my muse leads me in a totally different direction.  Never fear, I will try again for canes to go with the Foxes.



Closer look at the Border canes


This is my favorite


Fun canes I made with the scraps.


I am working on beads from the canes and their scraps that I really like, will post photos when they are done.

That's it for today.

Thanks for stopping by.
R

3 comments:

  1. WOW what a wonderful surprise!!! They are really gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your border canes are awesome! So crisp and appealing.

    ReplyDelete