Thursday, April 25, 2013

Textured Cabochon pendants & more

I know, it's been a while since my last post.  Several folks emailed they were getting Malware warning when they tried to access my blog.... I've had it checked and nothing was found so hopefully the problem was solved. I removed the link to Polymer Clay Etc, which was said to be the source of the problem.  I will give it a try and see what happens.

I made a couple more Cobblestone canes but first I want to show you the pendant and brooch  I made by using the bottom of a FUZE bottle to form the base. I have a gazillion texture sheets but I still get a kick out of finding "found items" that make cool textures and shapes. I will post the cobblestone canes tomorrow.

Click on the photos for a closer look.


My daughter brought me the bottle, she thought the design on the bottom would make interesting cabochons.


Here is a close up of the bottom of the bottle.  It makes a dome shaped cabochon with radiating dots going out from the center.


I used eyepins, glass beads and chain to create the center of the pendant on the left and headpins and tinted cultured pearls for the center of the brooch of the right. I highlighted the raised areas on both with PearlEx




 I have also been playing a bit with Premo tinted translucent clay.

I made a pendant in green and air filled beads in peach.


I made a thin sheet of green with gold flecks, #7 on my pasta machine,  I folded it over, gathered it on wire, added goldtone seed beads and chains. I will complete the necklace with matching chain. As you can see the clay is a little singed on the left side, I started to trim it off but I kinda like the way it looks.


The air filled beads are an experiment. I wanted to see if the design inside could be seen.
Not sure how... or if, I will use these.


I will post the Cobblestone Canes tomorrow as soon as I get the photos edited.

Thanks for stopping by.

No comments:

Post a Comment