Sunday, March 4, 2012

BJ's Polymer Clay Border Canes

I took a few days off from blogging but I continued to play with clay.  I made another border cane, this time in pastels and black.

Click on the photos for a closer look.

I combined white with green, blue, magenta and purple to make the pastes.  I buy large amounts of black and white clay but it never seems to be enough.... I'm out of Premo black and getting very low on white.  I went to Michaels on thursday hoping clay would be on sale but no luck.... I did get a new Ott light though, 40% off,  and some Easter toys for Lily.


Here is the border cane with a mirror image tile that I made with the end scraps.


Heart tiles for pendants made from scraps.


The black backed heart has a border in lavender and pink along the side. It was hard to get a photo showing the edge... here is the best I could do.


I put a blue and green border edge on the green backed heart.


I made a Pod Pendant with the rest of the scraps.  I will add wire to this and make a necklace.


Another angle of the pod. I like the organic look and feel of pods. 


Here is the back of the pod. 



I was rearranging my border canes in a storage container.... they looked so cool together  I thought you would like to see them too.  Pretty snazzy, right?


Cool colored canes


Warm colored canes


Thats it for today.  I will try to post a couple times a week from now on, time does get away from me though.  I am planning a tutorial but can't promise when it will be done. 

Thanks for stopping by. 

16 comments:

  1. These are wonderful and I really like the color combos....not to mention the really cool patterns!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anita. I'm having a great time making them.

      Delete
  2. Definitely snazzy - I love them!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacks, they have ATC possibilities... doncha think?

      Delete
  3. Those are awesome, I love the designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really fabulous!!!! I could see pendants or pins made just like you have them prictured here. Stacked one on top of the other....Such great canes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Alice, I'll give it a try. You know I'm a big fan of your work so I'm thrilled you like mine!!

      Delete
  5. They are so eye catching BJ and I love the pod:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. BJ, your border canes are beautiful. I like them all but the warm colored ones really appeal to me.
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz, I kinda lean to the warm colors too

      Delete
  7. BJ, you always amaze me with your awesome creations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Sandy, I'm thrilled you think my creations are awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your canes are so beautiful and so precise. Any chance of selling a tutorial on how to do them?

    ReplyDelete