I finally finished my "Fantasy Vessel" for the International Polymer Clay Swaps on Facebook. It was my first time covering a tin and I also tried my hand at a little sculpting. I can't show you that tin until it reaches my swap partner in Italy. However when I was scrounging around I found a couple other tins that wanted to be covered , I can show you those.
I went with an "under the sea" theme. The twinchie at the top is a reject, the one I swapped is much better.
Click on the photos for a closer look.
I made the fish to put on the tin but haven't attached it yet. I may use it as a pendant or a brooch and put something else on the tin....
Close up of the fish.
Here is how it looks on the tin. What do you think? Should I glue it on?
Close up of the Seahorse tin. They have a bit of a steampunk flair.
Back of the tins
I made beads with the left over clay.
More beads, I want to make more starfish beads but I have to condition more silver clay. My silver Kato is to firm and the Premo is to soft so I will mix the two together to get the right consistency.
Here is another twinchie and a folded pendant with some of the beads.
My next project is making 2 dozen inchies for another swap.... in the mean time I returned to my cane stash to make more beads. Next time I post I will show you those. Right now I have a hoard of grandkids & other family members coming over. They will be arriving soon and they will be hungry.
Thanks for stopping by.